Thursday, February 5, 2009

things i love....

i just found this on sweet papery's blog and i just got the chills in a good way! =)


here's why:  
even before starting my jewelry business, i had a background in customer service, and since it's inception i'll be the first to admit that it's a challenge to have a "one woman show" (as JDVJewelry) is!  the challenge comes when you are the creative force designing everything, you're also the business manager coordinating payments and shipping time (for all you type A's out there, this isn't so easy for us creative types, we tend towards disorder) =), and then you're responsible to wear the customer service/PR/HR hat at all times too!

don't get me wrong, this is not a downside to owning and operating your own business, it's just some of the challenges that come your way.  i enjoy the challenge, but always wonder are my clients happy? and i love getting feedback saying that they love an item and never wanna take it off! i also love feedback about my packaging; i myself love opening shipments only to find that the company has taken the time to make my order look special, like a sweet gift.  so you'll see that i've just changed my packaging to be more fun to receive!  but in all, i love the challenge to, plain and simple, make those who choose to support me happy.  the video from sweet papery really made me think what i can be doing to make my clients' experience special!

if you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment, or if you have ideas that have worked for your business that you care to share... feel free!

*b


0 comments:

Post a Comment