Tuesday, June 17, 2008

new item - custom cocktail napkins

this past weekend i ventured into new territory for Joie de Vie... and it falls under the "accessories" territory!  it's no secret that i love my gocco.... i actually have now ordered the bigger boy gocco with advance registration = more colors! but more on that in a different post...

i decided to try my hand at custom cocktail napkins, which i think are a great personal touch for any wedding or social event.

i'll share the process with you:

here's my gocco screen prior to inking
the screening process... since these don't stand in my card drying racks ... they take up a lot of counter space!
the finished product - blue and white paisley napkins
i'm just a little focused on lining up the lettering with the image... 
man i can't wait for my PG-11 unit so i don't have to worry about registering multiple layers!
also, disregard my beach bum attire, and no make-up, we had been in and outta the pool with my little nephews that day! =)


here's the screen for napkin style number 2: notice the names aren't lined up with the image... that's what i like to call trial and error, and it's also the reason for printing 2 layers on these
the sand dollar motif used on the napkin


thankfully i was working at my brother & SIL's house which has plenty of counter space!

had to use the table too!
above the napkins have their 2nd layer on them 

and here i am pluggin away on 450 napkins! 


i will have some of my napkins in my etsy store shortly, if you would like to request custom napkins, you name it, i can create them! just go to my etsy store and message me with you idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment